Supply pickup location is at the Glen Cairn Community Centre, 186 Morrena Road in the ower Level and is open Tuesdays from 18:00hrs – 19:30hrs by appointment only, unless otherwise posted on the website.
Uniforms being returned must be laundered before bringing them in. Cadets returning tunics are to leave the Squadron shoulder flashes on the tunics. New shoulder flashes will be issued with the replacement tunic if needed.
Supply information is available by contacting the Supply Officer.
Returning Cadets should see the Supply Officer, to have measurements taken when they need new uniform parts.
When uniform parts are available for pickup, they will be brought in on Wed night and the cadet contacted to come to the office.
Here are some friendly reminders from the Supply Officer too:
· The uniform is on loan to you for Cadet use, at no cost to you. You are expected to take good care of it and wear it proudly to all cadet functions as instructed. In case you decide to leave the program, the uniform must be returned so others may benefit from its use.
· If time permits the Supply Officer will take measurements and order a uniform as soon as all of your paperwork is completed and handed into Administration. (If a new uniform is required to be ordered, it may take from 2 to 8 weeks for it to arrive).
· Cadet’s responsibility: the uniform is to be kept clean (washed or dry cleaned) and pressed.
· Boots must be shined at all times! (The Kiwi brand polish and shining cloth is recommended and is available at your local grocery store or CANEX)
· Hair cut / style must be worn to DND cadet standard.
· Check the Resources – Uniform section on the Squadron website for more info. Also look at YouTube for helpful for cadet videos and tips on keeping your uniform and hair to standard. Ask other cadets in the squadron for help with your uniform. Some cadets that have been around a few years.
In Uniform -Winter Dress
The C-2 Routine Training Dress worn during the “Winter Dress” period for regular training and other activities that require the wearing of the uniform consists of the following uniform articles. Info and pictures on the web site.
List of kit :
o Tunic with name tag and ribbons (if awarded)
o Dress shirt with proper rank slip-ons.
o Grey socks
If it is cold outside, add Cadet Parka, Cadet Toque and cadet gloves. If you do not have a parka, please wear your winter coat with black gloves.
Remember : Do not mix and match cadet parka and cadet Toques and gloves with and with non-cadet clothing or civilian dress.
In Uniform – Summer Dress
The C-2B Routine Training Dress worn during the “Summer Dress” period for regular training and other activities that require the wearing of the uniform consists of the following uniform articles. Info and pictures on the web site.
List of kit:
o Dress shirt with rank slip-ons, name tag and ribbons (if awarded)
o Grey socks
Physical Fitness Kit:
o Clean running shoes.
o Track pants or running pants
o Sweat shirt
o Blue Squadron T-Shirt
o Note: inappropriate printed messages are not permitted on any attire.
– If you do not have a full uniform issued to you, the dress code on training nights is as follows:
• White dress shirt (males), white blouse for (females) or Blue Squadron T-Shirt
• Dark pants (dress pants preferred)
• Dress shoes or clean running shoes.
• Hair must be worn to standard.
For some activities, cadets are expected to wear “appropriate” civilian clothes. Please were your squadron t-shirt with appropriate pants and shoes.
It is not acceptable to wear ripped clothing, clothes which are skin-tight or revealing and clothes which are marked with inappropriate messages.
Reminder for Remembrance Day: If it is cold outside please wear your Parka, Toque and gloves.
If we did not get a parka yet, you will have permition to wear a civilian parka/winter coat.
Dress for the weather! You need to keep warm.
Remember: do not mix and match cadet parka and cadet Toques and gloves with and with non-cadet clothing or civilian dress.